It's been so long since I have given an update on what is happening in my world and with my health. But, here goes. And, I have to say, even though it sounds cliche, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; they rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4
It's so funny, for such an outgoing person, I can be so private. I guess I just get in my own bubble and live, and time just flies! I am also so not a poster...which is weird given that I own a business in which posting is a HUGE priority. I LOVE looking at all your posts and hearing what is happening in your lives, but I just rarely think about posting about my own life. Is that my age? My personality? LOL. Anyway, enough analyzing about that.
So, what has been going on with me? Well, I am a Covid Longhauler. Yes, it is a real thing. And, even though I am a Longhauler, I still struggle with believing it is a real thing. I mean, what a weird disease.
As a longhauler, I am exhibiting some of the tell-tale signs.
- The fatique is brutal and real...which has been extremely surprising for me! I mean, I am guilty of accusing those who complained of fatique as weak. I WILL NEVER do that again. I am blown away at how it can take over your day.
- The aches are real! Many days it feels like you have the flu. Advil and Tylenol help sometimes, but often you just push through the pain.
- The headaches are almost always there...dull and deep. Again, sometimes meds help, sometimes they don't. These headaches are not debilitating for me...thank God...but they nag.
- I'm losing my hair. Not sure why. Longhauler? Meds I'm on? All I know is it is depressing. I mean I went through 2.5 years of cancer treatment and never lost a strand, and now, I can't touch my hair without it just falling to the ground.
- Brain Fog...thank God this has not been too bad, but I forget basic things like which side the glass goes on when setting the table. So odd!
- There are a few others, but these are my worst.
My biggest issue, and one I explained in an earlier blog post, is that Covid caused me to develop a very rare form of pneumonia called Organizing Pneumonia. It is based on inflamation, not infection, and the recovery is long and hard. All of the above symtoms are exacerbated by the pneumonia coupled with high fevers, a cough, low oxygen levels, and a very high heart beat. The treatment consists of high doses of steroids that, of course, cause a lot of other not so fun symptoms, ie. Moon Face!
Unfortunately, I finished my first five month treatment, and within 48 hours worsened. This caused a reaction that took me by surprise. After three trips to the hospital, two lung biopsies, and a six week hiatis so I could get my Covid Vaccine, it was determined that I would have to go back on a six month treatment of steroids.
So, here I am, back at home, recovering. I am on week four of the six month treatment, so I have a long way to go, and being on these high doses of steroids make you very susceptible to infections, so I am basically still in quarantine. However, there is so much good news!
1. This round feels different! My energy level is better than it has been in months. I am cooking more, walking more, and just feel better overall. The steroids are not bothering me as much. And, I am not being as stubborn as usual and I'm giving in to what my body tells me it needs.
2. I am focusing on good health. My dear mom is making sure I juice everyday and my healthy brother has me taking high quality minerals and vitamins.
3. The Lord has drawn me close to Him! Most mornings I spend time with Him, just sitting, listening, and soaking up His love. This is new to me. I am not DOING. Just sitting. I am learning it is what He wants most from us. I am also learning so many things that I am hoping to share with y'all regarding my walk with Him. I hope you won't mind if I do!
What a road. An unexpected road. Out of all the walls I imagined my life hitting, poor health was NOT on my radar. Weakness is hard for me. So, I turn to Paul, who wrote about the thorn in his side to the Corinthians. He said the Lord told him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." He continued, 'Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, than I am strong.' 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
I pray for this kind of thinking, this kind of faith, this kind of living. It is the best road afterall!
I also pray for y'all...that you will be blessed and healthy and as things open up, have a fun, full life! And, as always, thank you for supporting Multitudes. And, thank you to my amazing team! You are ALL the reason the store is even open each day!
Much Love to You and Yours!!